Monday, February 27, 2012

Though Heaven and Hell Conspire Against Me

So I just finished a weeklong vacation from work. It was wonderful, but I discovered how important a routine is to following my diet. I was eating at the wrong times! Oh My! I didn't have my soup and salad from work! Oh My! There were snacks in the house! Oh My! I did get a lot done, and I was way more active than I ever am at work, so I'm hoping that I maintained my weight. When I put on my clothes for work today, they felt loose, so that's a good sign.

Trenton and I climbed Azure mountain on Thursday. It was gorgeous! We had a snowstorm Wednesday night - only about 2 inches here, but about 8 inches at the mountain. We took our snowshoes and headed to the mountains at 7 AM. We got to the base at 8, and headed up. I felt like my lungs had shrunk. I was really disappointed in myself because I had to keep stopping. I figured I was really out of shape. I finally dragged myself to the top and found that it had only taken us 1 hour! That made me feel better. The snowstorm had coated all of the trees and we looked out through the clouds at a winter wonderland. We were the first to the top of the mountain after the snow, so it was still pristine. That's why we do stuff like that - how many people get to see the pristine beauty of the top of a mountain after a snowstorm?

1 comment:

  1. Mom told me you've lost 25 pounds so far?! Way to go! I've been wanting to comment but I couldn't sign in to my google account for about a month. I've been working hard to get rid of a stubborn 10 pounds and I think I have finally done that, but I know I have to continue this lifestyle if I want to maintain. I've recently become addicted to swimming. I'm training to do a sprint triathlon this summer and I'm totally excited about that. I have found that it really helps keep me motivated to have something to train for. It would be really fun to do a race together this year! I'll see what I can find...

    ReplyDelete